A traditional and authentic delicacy from Madurai in Tamil Nadu. The idlies are soft, fluffy, spongy and tastes delicious. They are light on your body but fills your stomach and keeps you energetic.
· Diabetic Friendly
· Gluten Free
Why should you have it?
· Kodo millet is very easy to digest, it contains a high amount of lecithin and is excellent for strengthening the nervous system.
· Helps keep diabetes under check
· Controls Obesity
· Kodo millets are rich in B vitamins, especially niacin, B6 and folic acid, as well as the minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and zinc.
· Regular consumption of Kodo millet is very beneficial for postmenopausal women suffering from signs of cardiovascular disease,like high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
How to cook?
- To make batter add one measure of idly mix with 1.5 measures of sour curds and stir well.
- Steam the batter in idly vessel for 10-12 minutes.
- Each pack serves 2 or makes 10 idlies.
- Any amount of contents can be used and the pack can be resealed with zip lock.
- Once open store in an air tight container or refrigerate.